Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server Information

Go down 
+11
Jeffdog97
MIGHTO
thedoctor945
moondog97
CarryStress
CSI808
FBI808
Flandre Scarlet
Nightfox
angelakir
Entow
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Entow
Admin
Admin

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:12 am

I have finally finished redownloading and installing all of the plugins, as well as configuring them all. I also have the new server information, as well as the new server IP. ONE MAJOR DOWNSIDE... we are getting a GB of extra RAM for the server PERMANENTLY... but we lost ALL of our previous data... mcmmo skills, money, and all. I apologize for this, but there is nothing I can do about it. There are just too many people to command spawn in or grant all that money/xp back to everyone.

ONE QUESTION THOUGH.... How many people would like a restart of the server? Iiiii will do a fresh start on the normal world while keeping only 4 cities (minaria, ponyville, the bazaar, and hyozan), AS WELL AS one large chest PER person with anything valuable that they may keep from the older world. I am mainly doing this to get rid of the VERY ugly world scar from the new generation engine for minecraft 1.2, it just HIGHLY bugs me to see the world literally end in one biome and start a new world along a very finely cut line. So my question is...

WHO WOULD LIKE A NEW GENERATED WORLD, following the above stated outline. Post here with your vote. I WILL NOT release the new servedr IP or information on it until we have at least TEN votes for KEEP or NEW world.

KEEPING: Hyozan, Ponyville, Minaria, The Bazaar (Mare Blu is just too messy to transfer due to its proximity of water)

LOSING: Everything else (Will leave the old world on for several days while people gather materials/build within stated cities).

DEAL:
If we KEEP, same world will be applied to the new server, world border and all, if we create a NEW world, the world border will be increased to 800 (old border was 500) to make use of our server's new increase in RAM and to give people a bit more room to build to make up for the regeneration/loss of data.

Back to top Go down
http://faerenwell.netii.net
angelakir
Admin
Admin
angelakir

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:35 am

My vote is to restart the world <3
Back to top Go down
Nightfox

Nightfox

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:47 am

im not fond of having to redo everything thing again so id say keep it how it is
Back to top Go down
Entow
Admin
Admin

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:50 am

REMEMBER, keep in mind, new world will mean a bigger border size (Larger world to build in).
Back to top Go down
Flandre Scarlet

Flandre Scarlet

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:03 am

Being someone who was fairly new in the server, I have to pity everyone else who lost everything. =<

However, I see this as an opportunity to make the server bigger adn better than before. So yes, I'll vote for restasrting the server... Mainly because I want a bigger world and a new biome to play in.

;-; RIP my pack of Wolvies.
Back to top Go down
FBI808

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: READ!   Server Information Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:01 am

It pains me to say this but i would like to reset the server because i wana start a new world with nothing else but the 4 towns.BUT can u guys a least save my tempo i created in my town and put it in the spawn THANKS!
Back to top Go down
CSI808

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:07 am

I would hate to say this but i would like to reset the server because i wanna start fresh and it would help to make the world border bigger and there wouldent be so much citys that is abondoned
Back to top Go down
CarryStress

CarryStress

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:24 am

Don't restart. I have lost too much on this server already due to restarts. At this point, losing Mare Blu + Karnatia is just too much. If this is restarted, I may not get back on the server. (Think, I have lost Paradise's Edge, Me and Neo's NPC village, Runaria, and now there is a possibility of losing Mare Blu + Karnatia.)
Back to top Go down
moondog97

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:57 pm

i say we keep current world as is, I have been on the server for a while now, hell im a mod but i still feel that we should keep the world
Back to top Go down
thedoctor945
Server Mod
Server Mod
thedoctor945

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:57 pm

I guess restarting wouldn't be that bad.
To be honest, the main world was kinda uglified by everyone else's buildings

So yeah, restart it. So long as you don't lose all my stuff I left in the mansion
Back to top Go down
Entow
Admin
Admin

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:11 am

So far, current votes :

KEEP : 3

NEW : 5

TOTAL : 8

TWO more people needed, the server information, including NEW IP will be released!!!
Back to top Go down
MIGHTO

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:16 am

Keep the cities and everything else ZING!
Back to top Go down
angelakir
Admin
Admin
angelakir

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:24 am

MIGHTO wrote:

so is that a vote for not restarting? or a vote to restart and you're trying to say that we port over all the cities (which won't happen btw, we just can't get all of them.)

keep in mind that if we do restart. we will put up the world as it is right now for you to gather for one week. we will then build a room where you can store whatever items you want in a double chest (you put them in there from what you have).

then we will regenerate the new world, expand the border by 60%, and let you have your items that were in the chest back.

and if we do restart, i'll be giving out a small token of thanks for keeping with us through this rough time. remember, we as admins and moderators are losing things too, but restarting and expanding will really help out with the new updates to minecraft and the new biomes as well!!!
Back to top Go down
Nightfox

Nightfox

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:04 am

to avoid any more delays id like to change my vote to restart it lol
Back to top Go down
angelakir
Admin
Admin
angelakir

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:15 am

Nightfox wrote:
to avoid any more delays id like to change my vote to restart it lol

haha alrighty then fox. but just so you know, it's not the vote that's making it go faster since you've already voted. we need a total of 10 for a decision to be made.
Back to top Go down
CarryStress

CarryStress

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:45 am

Why restart? In responce to Doctor, why do you always think that everyone makes ugly buildings Doctor? -.- Not all of them are horrible. If you restart, then atleast keep Karnatia. Also, Minaria is a Ghost Town nowadays. Everyone has moved out. The only part of Minaria to keep would be Will's tower because it actually looks really good.
Back to top Go down
thedoctor945
Server Mod
Server Mod
thedoctor945

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:30 pm

No, not everything is ugly, just some of the things some of the times.
Back to top Go down
Flandre Scarlet

Flandre Scarlet

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:40 pm

thedoctor945 wrote:
No, not everything is ugly, just some of the things some of the times.

Like some of my things. Very Happy

I tend to keep everything underground until I'm ready for a giant megabuild.
Back to top Go down
MIGHTO

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:46 pm

angelakir wrote:
MIGHTO wrote:

so is that a vote for not restarting? or a vote to restart and you're trying to say that we port over all the cities (which won't happen btw, we just can't get all of them.)

keep in mind that if we do restart. we will put up the world as it is right now for you to gather for one week. we will then build a room where you can store whatever items you want in a double chest (you put them in there from what you have).

then we will regenerate the new world, expand the border by 60%, and let you have your items that were in the chest back.

and if we do restart, i'll be giving out a small token of thanks for keeping with us through this rough time. remember, we as admins and moderators are losing things too, but restarting and expanding will really help out with the new updates to minecraft and the new biomes as well!!!

Yes restart
Back to top Go down
Entow
Admin
Admin

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:25 am

OK, here we go! That means the votes are...

KEEP : 2

NEW : 7

Thats 9 total votes, but apparently both redracer33 and jeffdog97 are having trouble obtaining an account for the forums, but they both messaged me via skype with their votes which are to restart... bringing the total votes to :

Keep : 2

NEW : 9

So it looks like we will be starting fresh within the basic world with a newly generated world. ONE LAST question, though you have quite a while to answer this one... KEEP MINARIA or KARNATIA. I got a request from someone via skype stating that barely ANYONE uses minaria anymore, and they would prefer it if I kept Karnatia instead. Post here which cities you would like to keep, choose 3 total, since the spawn city (Hyozan) is staying no matter what. I will accept ANY city with a FULLY built wall at least FIVE high all the wat around the city, including Mare Blu ... though if I DO keep mare blu, the water will stay within the walls (i.e. when I copy it and paste it into the new world, it will be surrounded by its wall only, and everything inside will be exact.

The old world will stay up for a week for people to cintinue building cities/gather materials.

Please keep the wall a square for ease of copying and pasting.

SERVER IP:

70.34.206.10:20140

REMEMBER, we lost ALL data, I reconfigured everything up to date. this means we lost all money and all mcmmo skill levels!!! So don't freak out when you log in and don't have anything.
Back to top Go down
CarryStress

CarryStress

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:23 am

I'd say keep Karnatia, Mare Blu (if it truly is possible), & Ponyville.
Back to top Go down
Flandre Scarlet

Flandre Scarlet

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:58 am

CarryStress wrote:
I'd say keep Karnatia, Mare Blu (if it truly is possible), & Ponyville.

I second the last two. I haven't been to Karnatia to say anything, sowwy. :<
Back to top Go down
Entow
Admin
Admin

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:52 am

OK, sounds good, I'll keep those three, unless anybody objects, BUT, I remember Mare Blu didnt have a wall around it... SO, the week that the old world will be up, make that a priority... build a wall ALL the way around Mare Blu, including THROUGH the water areas. Also, make sure its a square wall so I can select it all.
Back to top Go down
Jeffdog97

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Mare Blu isn't really a town that needs a wall... its not supposed to be it, it would take away its great look as a small town on the river bank... Sleep
Back to top Go down
angelakir
Admin
Admin
angelakir

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Jeffdog97 wrote:
Mare Blu isn't really a town that needs a wall... its not supposed to be it, it would take away its great look as a small town on the river bank... Sleep

that is the only way we will put it in the new world. you can take the walls down after it gets pasted in if you wish, but we require a wall around it before we copy, without the wall, we will not put it in the new world, so get buildin! ^-^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Information   Server Information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Information
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next